GENERAL RULES OF DISCIPLINE
1. Students are to contribute to the high standard of the college by their manners and general good behavior. Hence, for the smooth running of the college, no student should bring to college any object liable to prove a source of disturbance.
2. As far as posture, cleanliness, Silence, politeness, companions are concerned, the college should be looked upon as place of reverence and discipline.
3. Absolute silence must be maintained at all places during the teaching hours, especially computer room, the general assembly or on the way to and from the classrooms.
4. Respect for one’s property as well as for that of the college and for the things belonging to others is a mark of a well-bred and responsible student. Furniture, teaching aids and charts should be kept in their respective places after use. Any kind of damage done in the college premises must be compensated.
5. It is compulsory to speak English in the college premises in order to facilitate the students the use the medium of instruction. They should maintain a high standard in their conversation.
6. No mobiles, other books, news papers, periodicals, pictures, games articles, transistors or any electrical instruments not pertaining to their daily use, should be brought to college without the class teacher’s/Principal’s permission. If detected or found to have bad influence on the fellow students, these will be confiscated and students found guilty may be punished.
7. The college does not accept responsibility for the loss of books, money, stationery etc. Each student is responsible for his/her own things. Bringing of valuables like gold to the college is not permitted.
8. The principal may chastise a student for habitual idleness, disobedience or misconduct which are injurious to the moral tone of the college, by detention after class hours or by other works. He may even dismiss a student or ask him to discontinue if he is guilty of serious matters.
9. No fines or collection for any purpose what-so-ever may be made without the previous sanction of the Principal, so also presentation of gifts to members of the staff requires previous sanction
10. In the absence of the teachers the class monitor/ monitress assumes responsibility for order and discipline of the class. He/She should flfil his/her duty with loyalty and impartiality.
11. Students who are given responsibility should carry it out dutifully and impartially and in accordance with the discretion of the Principal or the teacher deputed by him. They should consider it as a service to the college and to their fellow students.
12. Students can always approach the Principal individually for any reasonable or sympathetic consideration and not collectively.
13. No student may take private tuition in any subject from any member of the college staff without the written permission of the Principal. All such tuitions must be discontinued one week before the examinations.
14. The General Assembly is the most important part of the college day. Every student should be present to begin the day with prayer to God, and listen to the important announcements. At the first bell all must gather on the assembly grounds for the Assembly where they will pray in common and thereafter move silently to their classrooms.
15. They should be friendly, courteous and cooperative towards other students of the college, treating everyone with respect and conducting themselves in a dignified manner.
16. All must come to college on time, neatly dressed with lessons well prepared and home work done. Text and exercise books and material for drawing, S.U.P.W., art and craft, should be brought to school according to the day’s routine.
17. Students are to attend the school in Complete and clean uniform, short and combed hair, clean shaven, polished shoes and trimmed nails.
18. They should be obedient and loyal to the college and the teachers. They should desist from making derogatory comments against the college and teachers on social media.
19. Any pupil who is persistently insubordinate or repeatedly and willfully mischievous or is guilty of other malpractices in connection with examinations or has committed an offence of serious indiscipline/misbehavior or who in the opinion of the Principal, has an unhealthy influence on his fellow students, may be suspended for a specified period or expelled permanently from the college.
20. A student may also be expelled permanently from the college for assaulting a teacher, seriously attacking a fellow student, persistent rude behavior towards teacher and in the opinion of the principal has a demoralizing influence on fellow students, persistent rude behavior towards teacher and in the opinion of the Principal has a demoralizing influence on fellow students.
21. Students repeatedly coming late or forgetting to bring books or coming without the proper uniform may be sent home.